The Droneport, the center of future drone applications, is located in the industrial area of Brustem.
The surroundings of Brustem are very rural. It is crossed by many (field) roads that connect the plantations, fields and pastures. Many places of interest are encountered on these roads:
- HelsHeaven, a new work of art, offers a unique Kijk op Haspengouw. it is located on the Galgenberg (Gallows mountain) on the Roman Road between Brustem and Helshoven (junction 169).
- The Chapel of Helshoven is located a little further at the foot of the Galgenberg.
- A little under 10km further via the Roman Heirbaan you will discover Reading Betweenthe Lines (Gijs Van Vaerenbergh), also known as the see-through church, in Borgloon.
- In the neighboring Ordingen its Castle, after many years, has been transformed into a gem with extensive catering facilities.
- Zepperen offers different walking trails.
- The basilica of Kortenbos attracts many visitors every year.
- The domain of Nieuwenhoven and the accompanying castle are places to relax.
- In Duras you can admire the castle and wine estate.
- Zoutleeuw has many monuments and a nature preserve Het Vinne to seduce you.
- The brewery of Wilderen is famous.
- From the water basin in Velm one has a vast View of Haspengouw.
- There is also a well-known brewery in Kerkom.
- In Bevingen you will find fruit companies and walks.